Good News On Historic 508 Park Building Restoration – D Magazine
There are two good pieces of news to share about the ongoing restoration of the Warner Bros. building at 508 Park, the historic site of some of legendary bluesman Robert Johnson’s most famous recordings and the future site of a street culture museum.
A $2.1 million grant from the Moody Foundation puts Encore Park, as the development is being called, at $10 million of its $18 million goal. Meanwhile, the announcement that renowned museum designer Adrian Gardere—who has consulted on the project from the start—will be officially joining Encore Park’s design team bodes well as development gets closer to the finish line.
Read more at D Magazine.
- Encore Park To Host Robert Johnson Blues Revue Featuring Steven Johnson And Guest Guitarist Holland K. Smith – July 27, 2015
- Step Into Dallas’ Historic 508 Park Building – Star-Telegram – March 13, 2015
- First Phase Of Renovation Completed At Building Where Robert Johnson Recorded His Music – October 23, 2014
- New Life For Dallas Building With Robert Johnson In Its Musical History – March 21, 2013
- Church Plans To Renovate Building Where Robert Johnson Recorded His Influential Music – November 28, 2011